Dr. Edgar Treischl
About Edgar Treischl
Edgar is a postdoctoral research assistant at the Chair of Empirical Economic Sociology, at the University Erlangen-Nürnberg. He studied sociology at the University of Munich, where he graduated in 2013 with a degree in Sociology, focusing on quantitative methods and educational research. He attained his PhD at the University of Mannheim as a part of the Graduate School of Economic and Social Sciences (GESS). Between 2013 and 2015 he worked at the University of Munich as a research assistant at Norman Braun’s chair of quantitative social research (now Katrin Auspurg), where he was also responsible for the quality management and teaching evaluation as a member of the dean of studies Josef Brüderl. Before he went to Nuremberg, he worked as research assistant at the Chair Statistics and Methodology (Frauke Kreuter and Florian Keusch) and as project team member (Tobias Wolbring) at the Mannheim Centre for European Social Research (MZES).
- Schömer, D., Laumer, S., Treischl, E., Weigert, J., Wilbers, K., & Wolbring, T. (2021). Data-driven Student Advisory and Potential Direct Discrimination: A Literature Review on Machine Learning for Predicting Students' Academic Success. In Proceedings of the Americas Conference on Information Systems. Montreal, CA.
- Treischl, E., Laumer, S., Schömer, D., Weigert, J., Wilbers, K., & Wolbring, T. (2021). Give a Little, Take a Little? A Factorial Survey Experiment on Students’ Willingness to Use an AI-based Advisory System and to Share Data. In T. Wolbring, H. Leitgöb, & F. Faulbaum (Eds.), Sozialwissenschaftliche Datenerhebung im digitalen Zeitalter. (pp. 253-281). Wiesbaden: Springer VS.
- Treischl, E., & Wolbring, T. (2021). The Past, Present and Future of Factorial Survey Experiments: A Review for the Social Sciences. Methods, data, analyses, 1-30. https://dx.doi.org/10.12758/mda.2021.07
- Treischl, E., & Wolbring, T. (2020). Wirkungsevaluation: Grundlagen, Standards, Beispiele. Weinheim Basel: Beltz Juventa.
- Treischl, E. (2019). Selection Effects in Students’ Evaluation of Teaching. Methodological Pitfalls for the Measurement of Teaching Quality (Dissertation).
- Treischl, E., & Wolbring, T. (2017). Studentische Lehrveranstaltungsevaluation: Grundlagen, Befunde, methodische Fallstricke. In Handbuch Qualität in Studium und Lehre..
- Treischl, E., & Wolbring, T. (2017). The Causal Effect of Survey Mode on Students’ Evaluations of Teaching: Empirical Evidence from Three Field Experiments. Research in Higher Education, 58(8), 904–921. https://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11162-017-9452-4
- Wolbring, T., & Treischl, E. (2016). Selection Bias in Students' Evaluation of Teaching:Causes of Student Absenteeism and Its Consequences for Course Ratings and Rankings. Research in Higher Education, 57, 51–71. https://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11162-015-9378-7